Purpose and Use
Useful in the prevention and treatment of diseases due to
oxytetracycline-susceptible bacteria in cattle, swine, sheep, poultry.
- Cattle, the prevention and treatment of scours, shipping fever
complex, and liver abscesses.
- Swine, the prevention and treatment of scours, leptospirosis, and atrophic rhinitis.
- Sheep, the prevention and treatment of scours and enterotoxemia.
- Poultry, the prevention and treatment of chronic respiratory diseases (infectious synovitis, bluecomb -- mud fever), infectious sinusitis (turkeys), fowl cholera, hexamitiasis, early chick or poultry mortality, and stress.
When properly used in the treatment of disease caused by susceptible organisms, most sick animals that have been treated with antibiotics show a noticeable improvement within 36 to 48 hours. If improvement is not noted within that period of time consult a veterinarian.
- Duramycin soluble powder can be used in water tanks or automatic waterers for herd or flock treatment.
- For fewer animals, it can be used in small quantities in water, milk, or milk replacer.
- It may also be used as a drench.
Milk taken from animals treated with this product must not be used for food during treatment and within 60 hours (five milkings) after last treatment. Discontinue treatment at least five days prior to slaughter. Mix fresh solutions daily.